When Henry Met Sully

 A positive post since beyond that Canadian residual crap I AM having a really great time here in the US with my family of besties!

Yesterday I was handed a book of writing prompts by Heather and asked to contribute to it. This morning I found a worthy prompt. Take a scene from a well known story and write it in a different time. I wrote the following:

When Henry Met Sully

Courtly Lady: Name thee, good wench, yon hale, becoming man.

Sully: Fie on you lass! Tis Henry, nothing more.

Would he were more than nothing to be sure!

Courtly Lady: Methinks you wrong him with your vexing barbs.

Surely he could do great things in my name!

Sully: A fool doth enterprises great 'tis true,

But only great in foolishness forsooth.

Twas but a day ago, or mayhap two

Myself I sought this sense-starved knave to woo.

Mark thee well what his arrogance doth wrought

Lest in his web of witless wisdom caught

You furnish him with numbers greater still

To count the fully sated mounts this knight hath killed.

Courtly Lady: Hah! Fully sated. Speaketh thou in jest?

I've falsely whimpered even with the best!

Sully: I shit thee not, and yet this coxcomb crows.

His falseness rivals our own moans and groans.

Ladies together (in exceeding mirth): Oh God! Oh Jove! Oh yes, oh yes, oh YAY!

Oooh! Aaah! Right there! Oh shit! Oh fuck! Okay!

Henry: I overhear the sounds of pleasure made

By every lucky lady I have laid.

What do they drink? I'll have the selfsame ade.


I thank thee - I mean you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Lotsa Fun!

DNC or WWE?

Grow the Hell Up!